Welcome to Colorado, where you can experience every season over the course of three days. Lol. After dealing with a high fire warning, blizzard watch, and high winds it’s safe to assume that Colorado weather is absolutely insane. Today I wake up to clouds and some spotty rain, which is honestly my favorite type of weather. Although some may disagree, this is the perfect kind of weather for a cozy day at home. For those who find this weather depressing, I’ve got a list of awesome things to do at home to get you into a positive mindset.
20 THINGS TO DO ON A Rainy DAY
- Grab a cup of coffee, listen to your favorite music and just relax.
- Take a bubble bath with all the bells and whistles. Bath bombs anyone?
- Clean your apartment.
- Read that book, you have been wanting to read.
- Revisit an old hobby that you let go of over the years.
- Find a new hobby! Learn how to knit.
- Watch some of your favorite movies. Harry Potter.
- Make fancy hot chocolate with dark chocolate and homemade whipped cream.
- Play your favorite video game.
- Rearrange and redecorate a room in your home.
- Grab a warm blanket and take a nap on the couch.
- Cook some comfort food! A huge pot of chili or soup is always a good idea.
- Call your parents and catch up.
- Find a DIY project on Pinterest. Or five. No judgements.
- Organize your makeup and maybe wash those brushes you’ve never cleaned…
- Experiment with a new makeup look.
- Game Night! Cards Against Humanity is hilarious.
- Do a full spa day! Grab those face masks and don’t forget to exfoliate.
- Try journaling. It’s a great way to organize your thoughts.
- Give yourself a Mani/Pedi! Pick a bright color to make up for the lack of sun.
What do you like to do on rainy days?